North Wales Indoor Athletics Centre
The North Wales Indoor Athletics Centre is a flagship sports facility which was opened by Colin Jackson CBE in 2005. It is not only available to our student but also to adults and children of all ages. The facility includes:
Please call 01244 834546 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
- Six lane 60m sprint track
- Long & Triple jump facility
- Pole vault and high jump facility
- Thrower’s practice cage for discus, hammer and shot
- Multi sports hall
The specialist flooring, which is the first of its kind in the UK, not only accommodates all multi sports activities, but it is also durable enough to take 6mm spikes, which is essential for quality athletics training. Athletes can train all year round in a safe and controlled environment. We will offer a structured programme of coaching for school children and support initiatives aimed at increasing participation.
The flexibility of both halls allows the sports facility to hold large competitions and events.
Activites, courses and clubs
Junior athletics and conditioning courses are a new range of junior athletics activities designed to introduce and develop skills, as well as improving general strength and conditioning.
If you are interested in any of the activities below please ring Donna Welsh on 01244 834546.
We welcome people with disabilities in all of our sports facilities; you’ll be in good company!
The sports centre has many disabled users including top athletes,
- Bev Jones, paralympic gold medallist/discus thrower and shot put, who regularly trains at Deeside College.
- Andy Jones, a member of Great Britain’s Athletics Team for discus, hammer and shot - uses the specially made throwers’ frame in the indoor athletics centre, which is also available for use by other disabled sports men and women.
Deeside College hosts the Deeside Athletics Club for the disabled on Wednesdays from 6.00pm - 7.00pm and the football club for the disabled on Wednesdays from 5.00pm - 6.00pm.
Pengwern College (for students with additional needs) also use the centre on a weekly basis as part of their curriculum activities and their students are coached by the Athletics Development Officer.
- North Wales Indoor Athletics Centre
- Active Kids Club
- Lifestyle Fitness
- Sports Hall
- Sports scholarships
If you would like details about these clubs or hire of the facilities, please contact the Deeside College sports reception on: