Support is available to all students and is provided by a team of specialist teachers.
We can offer
- Assessments to identify your support needs
- Support for learners identified with specific learning differences such as dyslexia, Asperger syndrome, ADD
- Screening for visual stress and/or visual perceptual difficulties (Irlen Syndrome)
- Individual and group tutorials with specialist teachers
- Additional support with English and Maths
- Revision techniques
- Strategies for planning, writing and proof-reading assignments to develop independent study
- Assessments for eligibility for examination access arrangements
- Communicator for the hearing impaired
We have a range of specialist equipment available for students with visual and/or hearing impairment. Our trained staff offer friendly support and advice.
If you have a physical difficulty you can discuss your needs with the Additional Support Manager.
Please let us know if you have any specific needs or disabilities. We will treat your enquiry discreetly. We will obtain your permission before details of your support needs are shared with specialist teams within the college.